HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WHILE DOING A JOB?
Best Diet Plan For Office Workers
We all know that health and ﬁtness hold a lot of importance in life. But a majority of our oﬃce-going population struggles with this thanks to the long hours spent sitting on a chair in front of a computer. The long hours, stress and resulting fatigue further ensure that people simply don't have enough time left in the day to go to the gym or even workout at home.
But don't worry, there are always these little things here and there that you can sneak into your daily routine to be healthier. Let's take a look at a few of these tricks:
- Desk workouts: There are certain exercises that you can perform right there at your desk! You can work out your abs by squeezing in your core muscles for a minute and then releasing. You can tone your legs and glutes by doing knee tucks. You can even perform some full-body stretches like arm circles, wrist rolls, neck tilts, shoulder shrugs and toe extensions in between.
- Straighten up!: It's easy to ﬁnd yourself in a comfortable, slouched position while working on a computer and unless you want to end up looking like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, you should avoid doing that. You not only put an enormous amount of stress on your spine and neck, but you also subject yourself to a lifetime of bad posture. So make sure you are aware of your posture while you work so that you can straighten up every time you feel like you're slouching.
- Skip that drive: Instead of taking your car to your workplace, opt for something a little more tiring. If the distance is reasonable, walking or cycling for commuting is a great option. For a longer journey, choose the train/metro or bus, so that there's some walking involved.
- Make good use of lunch hour: You have a choice here. You can use your break to scroll through your social media while having your lunch. Or you can go for a stroll around the corner before or after lunch. In case you are going out for lunch, try to walk over to the place, instead of taking your car or a cab. It's these little things that make a big diﬀerence in the long term.
- Pack your lunch: Life is hectic for working professionals, but this one step will not only help you be healthier but also save you a lot of money. When you prepare your meals, you know exactly what goes into the food and how it's been cooked. You can, to a great extent, control the quality of the food you are consuming and prepare your lunch according to your health goals.
- Healthy food delivery services: Okay, now this might directly contradict the point above, but hear us out! For a lot of people, preparing their lunch is simply not an option. It might be due to their living conditions or the lack of time or, well, skill. For those professionals, a healthy or diet food delivery service is the best option. These companies provide all meals of the day, ensuring they are healthy as well as delicious. So you can get rid of the whole meal-plan and meal-prep process once and for all.
Move around: Find reasons to get out of that chair. Just because you have a desk job doesn't mean you have to be stuck to your chair every single minute of your workday! Walk around the oﬃce for work and non-work related things. Instead of emailing your colleagues for everything, go to their desk for an in-person discussion. Take the stairs while changing ﬂoors. Moving around will not only be good for your health, but it will also give your mind a small break.
We understand that juggling ﬁtness and work can be hard sometimes, but with a little eﬀort and some lifestyle modiﬁcations, it's absolutely doable. Hopefully these tips will help you out, so you can be out there hustling and bustling without compromising on your health.