Lose Weight Fast
Most people who want to lose weight are aware of the two important components of weight loss diet and exercise. But in this fast-moving world, there are times when you just don’t have enough time left to exercise regularly. For some, physical injuries limit their ability to partake in physical activities.
So the question remains- can your weight loss journey rely solely on your diet?
The answer is yes, it absolutely can!
Weight loss is simple science. In order to lose weight, you have to consume fewer calories than what your body burns. So if you burn 2000 calories every day, you need to consume less than that to create a calorie deﬁcit.
Let us discuss things you can incorporate in your diet so you can lose weight healthily and sustainably:
- Begin with a soup or salad: Soups and salads are the perfect 'ﬁller foods'. What they essentially do is ﬁll you up without adding too many calories. So if you begin your meal with a bowl of soup or a plate of salad, there'll be a way smaller chance for you to overeat or overindulge since you'll already be full. To minimize calorie intake, skip the creamier soup and opt for the lighter, water-based soups and broths. Similarly, for salads, choose healthier and low-fat dressing options like vinaigrette, olive oil, lemon juice, etc.
- Avoid fried: You can enhance the nutritional value of your meals to a great extent when you choose to grill, roast, bake or boil your food instead of frying it. Your cooking method has a drastic impact on your fat as well as calorie consumption, so always be mindful of that.
- Steer clear of cold drink/sodas: If you're a regular drinker of cold drinks, you will be surprised by how many calories you can cut back on if you simply switch to water. Apart from the extra calories, sodas contain a lot of sugar, which can contribute considerably to your weight problems. Opt for water or even ﬂavoured water (the non-soda variety) for a healthier lifestyle.
- Eliminate or reduce the consumption of red meat: If you're used eating red meats, try replacing them with leaner sources of protein like ﬁsh and/or poultry. Red meats contain high amounts of fats and calories, so an overconsumption of these can be detrimental to your weight loss journey. Try including lean proteins like chicken, turkey or ﬁsh to your diet plan, as they help in curbing hunger, so you eat less.
- Have fruits for dessert: Struggling with a sweet tooth? We totally get it and have the perfect solution for you! Whenever you crave something sweet, instead of indulging in a traditional dessert which is full of sugars and calories, get yourself a plate of naturally sweet fruits. Fruits are really good for you as they are full of essential vitamins, minerals and ﬁbre, so there is no guilt involved whatsoever!
Be careful with 'sugar-free foods': They might seem like the solution to your weight-loss dreams as they are calorie-free and great to taste, but there's a lot of controversy surrounding sugar-free food items. Various researches have shown that artiﬁcial sweeteners do more harm than good, especially when it comes to weight loss meals. So we must remember not to go overboard while consuming these particular foods.
When making dietary changes, make sure you don't bring drastic modiﬁcations too soon as you'll have trouble sticking to them in the long run. Instead, make small changes to your diet, one at a time. Jumping in too fast too soon can harm your weight loss journey.
Remember, it's more important to lose weight sustainably than it is to lose weight quickly.