It is that time of the year when everybody is making resolutions to welcome the new year. How about a fresh year with fresh foods for a healthy lifestyle?
One of the crucial resolutions for the new year is to lead a healthy lifestyle and stay fit. For some it could be yoga, health care diet, weight gain, or weight loss; most of the time people lose interest and give up on resolution much earlier. Therefore, for this new year's diet resolution, we will keep it simple and achievable. It is important to maintain our BMI (body mass index) intact, exercise, and eat healthy diet plan and meals to live a balanced healthy life.
5 Ways to get fit easily in 2022
Set SMART goals to get fit easily in 2022; here are 5 ways to get fit easily. It is suggested and recommended to follow these regularly for promising results.
Drink lemon water on an empty stomach every morning: Lemon is full of goodness, has Vitamin C and antioxidant-rich properties that help you stay hydrated, help you lose weight faster and prevent kidney stone formation. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to lukewarm water and drink it on an empty stomach for easy digestion of food.
Start with mild exercises: Do not worry if you are someone who has never exercised, this could be a great resolution for this new year to start exercising, do some basic stretches, start with Zumba class, or join a gym if required with your health buddies.
Good sleeping hours: Sleep is very essential for us to maintain a healthy life, many of us tend to ignore the sleeping hours by working late or scrolling on our mobile phones until late at night. Lack of sleep could lead to many problems such as weight gaining, dark circles, mood swings etc. Try to get at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep every day for a productive and less tiring day ahead.
- Replace a one-time meal with Shakes: One needs to get the right quantity of nutrition to stay fit. Meal replacement shakes are ideal replacements for protein shakes for complete nutritional intake. Meal replacement shakes come in various forms such as powders, cartons, or bottles; they can be easily mixed with water, milk, or any juice to intake.
Meal replacement shakes are popular due to the amount of fiber, protein, and essential vitamins they contain. Meal replacement shakes are easy to grab on the go and do not require much time for preparation, and are a great alternative to unhealthy fast foods.
- Meditate for 20 minutes every day: Whether you go to college or work, you are most stressed. Stress could gradually affect your health. Therefore, it is necessary to be relaxed; the best way to relax is to meditate for 20 minutes every day. As per studies, it is found that a relaxed mind is healthier than a stressed mind.
How To Stick To Diet Plans/Diet Resolution :
As days pass, it can become tedious to stick to diet plans and diet solutions. Studies show that more than 30% of people often tend to give up on diet plans even before seeing effective results. Do you fall into the same category? Do not worry, here are some tricks on how to stick to diet plans and see results.
- Do not force yourself to eat something you dislike, always enjoy the diet meal. Include whole and filling foods.
- You can never go wrong with rainbow colors, add yellows, greens, and reds to build a strong immune system.
- It is recommended to have 1000-1200 calorie counted meals for successful diet control, as it helps reduce excess fat and calories.
- Make your favourite junk food healthy. For example, if you love pizza, but it is high in calories, try making a healthier pizza using a whole wheat grain base or tortillas topped with veggies.
- Find a diet plan buddy to stay motivated throughout the plan.
- Have a cheat day game, this is how it goes - every day after successful completion of your meal plan, grab a twenty rupees note and add it to a piggy bank, on completion of one month you'll be surprised at the amount of money you have accumulated, use it to treat yourself on a cheat day. Easy peasy !!
- Always have portion-controlled meals preferred by hand to avoid over-consumption of food.
Simple Meal Plan To Lose Weight :
There are 100 meal plans to lose weight on the Internet, but here is a simple meal plan to lose weight that is tried and tested.
In the mornings, you can include any of them as breakfast, such as cucumber and lemon Detox water with oat porridge; scrambled egg with a slice of bread and blueberry juice; fruits and vegetables with roti, Besan chilla with yoghurt.
Mid-morning snack can include orange and tangerine fruits, skimmed milk paneer, vegetable salad, nuts and smoothies.
It is good to have protein foods such as chicken salad with lettuce, Roti and Dal, vegetable soup with Tofu, Methi Rice and Palak Curry, and Sauter vegetables with Roti. If you are caught in a busy schedule, you can try out ready to eat diet meals offered by various brands.
Have green tea without sugar, blueberry smoothie, banana oats smoothie, cut fruits.
Dinner can include low calories such as buttermilk with apples, vegetable salads, Green gram dal and roti, yoghurt, and brown bread slices.
On that note, hope this aids you to stay intact with your New Year New Diet Resolutions by adding more greens and leaves and meal replacement shakes. You define your life, stay healthy, and be productive. May this New year bring you happiness and good health.